The purpose of Florida educator certification is to support the academic achievement of our students by assuring that our educators are professionally qualified for highly effective instruction. Florida educators must be certified to teach in our public schools and in many of our private schools. Educators include classroom teachers, school administrators, and other support professionals, such as guidance counselors and media specialists. The Bureau of Educator Certification (BEC) is committed to providing timely, 准确的, and efficient services to all constituents.
New Florida Certification:
- Out-of-state Certified Teacher or Administrator
- Graduate of a Teacher Education Program
- 职业生涯 Changer or 大学 Graduate of a Non-education Program
- Foreign Trained Graduate or Non-citizen
- High School Graduates Considering 教学
Florida Certified 老师:
- Adding a Subject or Endorsement
- Upgrading from the Temporary to the Professional Certificate
- Renewing a Florida Professional Certificate
- Reinstating an Expired Florida Professional Certificate
The BEC is responsible for implementing the certification provisions in Florida Statutes and State Board of Education administrative rules. These laws and rules also delegate limited certification responsibilities to Florida's school districts.
Statutory Authority: Chapter 1012, Florida Statutes
规则 Authority: Chapter 6A-4, Florida Administrative Code
Paperless Communication: Certification Communications
丹尼尔米. Moore, Bureau Chief
Room 201, Turlington Building
325 West Gaines Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0400
CPALMS is an online toolbox of information, vetted resources, and interactive tools that helps educators effectively implement teaching standards.
Join our Just for 老师 Community to receive regular updates on educator discounts, conferences, workshops and teaching best practices.